Frequently asked questions
Saloodo! is your digital logistics solution for convenient, fast and safe transport of your precious cargo to your customers. You get suitable transport offers from verified carriers according to the DHL’s Code of Conduct and real-time status updates from pick-up to delivery. We optimize your daily business processes through a single and convenient interface for tracking, documentation and payment.
- Register for free and use your account anytime and anywhere, from any type of device, be it mobile phone, laptop or tablet.
- Simplify your daily workflow by inviting your coworkers to create their accounts for free and work with you.
- Create transport requests in less than two minutes.
- Get immediate access to a large, growing network of carriers verified according to DHL’s Code of Conduct. Additionally, you can also invite your preferred carrier to work with you on Saloodo!.
- Choose from multiple offers depending on the dates requested, routes and transport preferences.
- Access and download documents for all the completed transport orders directly on your Saloodo! dashboard.
- Get real-time status updates from pick-up to delivery, including live chat support and customer-service assistance.
- Enjoy peace of mind with Saloodo! as your contract partner and single point of contact.
- Click on ”Register your Company” .
- Complete the Saloodo! registration form. Enter your company name, personal details and your VAT ID. Important: The VAT ID is optional to register but mandatory to submit your transport request, receive offers and finalize the transport order.
- Done! Click on the confirmation link we sent via email to set-up your password and login to access your new account.
Saloodo! is available only for B2B customers with a valid VAT ID and registered with a company address. If our conditions will change in the near future, we will announce in our newsletter so please make sure to subscribe and stay updated.
Saloodo! is your contract partner and your single point of contact. For your convenience and peace of mind, we take responsibility for the security of your shipment. For this reason, we coordinate from pick-up to delivery with the selected carrier to ensure timely pick-up and delivery at the locations provided by you.
There are no hidden fees or monthly subscription costs to create and use your account. Another advantage is that you can access your account from any type of device and at any time – be it from your mobile phone, desktop or tablet.
1. Create a transport request
- Login with your email and password.
- Once you get access to your dashboard, click on the ”Add New Shipment” button. Enter the number of handling units and the type of packaging for items with same dimensions. You can describe and select the units by quantity, item type (pallet, box, barrel, roll, full box-trailer, full curtainsider, other), weight and the type of goods (fragile, dangerous or non-dangerous goods). E.g. 5 pallets 120x80x150cm 100kg/pallet.
- If you want to add more items to your existing transport request, simply click on the ”Add Item” button.
Note: Please describe your items as accurate as possible. This will help you get competitive prices and prevent transport delays.
2. Add the pick-up and delivery locations
- Enter the location, date and time of when you would like to arrange the pick-up and delivery of your transport request.
- While setting the route, you can choose the location type (commercial with ramp – commercial buildings such as warehouses, office buildings, convenience stores that provide additional access in the building through a slope, commercial without a ramp but with a forklift – commercial buildings without a slope but with a vehicle able to carry heavy loads, commercial without a ramp and without a forklift – trucks with tail lifts are required, residential – apartments, houses or home-based businesses located in non-commercial zones – trucks with tail lifts are required).
- If you have previously submitted transport requests, you will be able to use the ”My recent addresses” function. This means you don’t need to reinsert the same addresses for recurring transport requests.
3. Post your transport request to see all prices
- Once you have provided all the necessary details, you may get an estimated price calculated depending on the transport characteristics provided by you, availability of trucks and last-booked rates paid for standard tilt/taut trailers. This price is a non-binding estimation for you to compare all the prices you will receive from the carriers active on the platform.
- Alternatively, after you clicked on the ”See Prices” button, you will get directly redirected to your dashboard, where a list of current offers will be displayed for your transport request.
4. Choose a transport offer
Below ”Offers”, you will be able to see how many offers you got for your transport request, from which transport companies, for which dates and for what price (incl. VAT). Based on this criteria, you can select an offer with your preferred carrier by clicking on the ”Book Now” button.
5. Next steps
- Proceed to payment and pay securely with Saloodo! as your contract partner. Select from our list of payment methods, (including payment on invoice with RatePay).
- Finalize the transport order by providing the details of the contact persons at the pick-up and the delivery locations.
Note: Not providing contact details after paying for the transport order may result in transport delays which in turn could result in surcharges, so please make sure to add the contact details of the persons at the pick-up and the delivery locations.
With Saloodo!, you can ship anything that may extend over a whole truck, individual pallets, barrels, boxes, handling units or a mix of everything mentioned. However, your shipment must be packaged according to the requirements for load securing and conveying capacity. Loose parts or unsecured goods may be rejected by the driver, while some goods may be excluded due to their hazardous nature.
Note: Please read our Terms and Conditions to get more information on what types of goods you are allowed to transport and under what kind of circumstances.
- Weight min/max: 31,5 kg/24.000 kg – Secure and clearly marked packaging is necessary.
- Fit for the purpose of transportation and handling, safe from unauthorized access (no undetected access to goods must be possible)
- Pallets must be stacked flush on top of each other
- The goods must be able to be moved by one person safely without damage.
In case of valuable or theft-sensitive goods, you must inform Saloodo! of the specific transport request depending on the type and value of the goods and the current risks involved. This will enable us to assess whether or not to provide a price and take appropriate measures for the safe and damage-free completion of the transport. Valuable goods are classified as those that, at the time and place of taking over, have an actual value of at least EUR 50 per kg or EUR 10,000 per packed item or per shipment. For insurance details or more information, please contact our customer service team at email@example.com
Saloodo! enables the digital evolution of the road freight industry. We simplify your daily business by helping you switch from manual and offline processes (difficulty in comparing prices, lengthy phone calls, delayed transport updates) to online tools and automated processes (growing network of verified carriers, transparent offers based on your shipment details and real-time track & trace functionalities) with Saloodo! as your contract partner and single point of contact – all at no extra costs.
We can ship your goods in the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Germany, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Latvia, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovania and Spain. Saloodo! continues to gain interest and expand into new territories, so this may change in the near future. Subscribe to our newsletter and find out when our services will be available in your country.
Depending on the nature of goods, routes selected and the date & time of the pick-up and delivery, you may get an instant offer that matches perfectly with your transport request. For urgent transport orders, Saloodo! gives you the possibility to book an instant offer with DHL (in Germany only). You will continue to receive transport offers over a period of three hours, so you have plenty of time to select the best offer for your transport.
We recommend taking into consideration the offered price, if the suggested timelines can be met and if the necessary equipment can be arranged in a timely manner for the carrier to complete the transport order at the expected time. In the end, you are free to decide which of the carriers proposing offers for your transport request will get the transport order.
Provide a complete description of your items (measurements, nature of goods), correct timelines (dates & times) and accurate pick-up and delivery addresses. Submit the transport request at least a few days before the shipment needs to be picked-up. By doing that, the carriers will have more time to plan their routes and check their truck capacities. This way you will also increase your chances of getting more transport offers.
Note: We will use reasonable efforts to keep the time windows requested, however best is to ensure that the pick-up and delivery sites operate normally during the times selected by you.
You can access all the information related to completed transport orders in the ”Archive” section, directly on your dashboard. Your transport orders will be automatically moved to the ”Archive” section under ”Completed Shipments”. This happens when the transport documents have been reviewed and your goods have been already transported. Additionally, in the ”Archive” section, you also have the possibility to see all the previous transport requests ”With Offers” and ”Without Offers”.
Yes. Saloodo! has ensured its ADSp liability, or the applicable legal liability. We operate exclusively in accordance with the Allgemeine Deutsche Spediteurbedingungen 2017 – ADSp 2017 – (German Freight Forwarders’ General Terms and Conditions 2017) and -if they do not apply for performing logistics services – with the Logistic-AGB (General Terms and Conditions of Logistics-Services Providers), as of March 2006. In clause 23 the ADSp 2017 deviates from the statutory liability limitation in section 431 German Commercial Code (HGB) by limiting the liability for multimodal transportation with the involvement of sea carriage and an unknown damage location to 2 SDR/kg and, for the rest, the customary liability limitation of 8,33 SDR/kg additionally to EUR 1,25 million per damage claim and EUR 2,5 million per damage event, but not less than 2 SDR/kg.
Saloodo! verifies carriers according to the DHL’s Supplier Code of Conduct to ensure a safe, reliable and transparent transport process. As a result, each and every carrier who submits an offer for your transport request will be able to do so only if he has been verified and thus, passed the same quality check mandatory for all the transport companies using the platform. Additionally, you can give us a short feedback on how satisfied you were with the transport services provided and help others assess the reliability of other transport companies.
It is not possible to make further changes if you already posted the transport request. However, you are not obliged to choose any of the existing offers, so you can resubmit the transport request with the new changes.
The cost can change after booking only under the following circumstances:
- Significant deviation in the details of the shipment (weight, volume, number of packages etc.)
- Changes in the pick-up and delivery address
- Charges for waiting time or additional services requested
- B2B customer identification not possible
RatePAY performs a background check on each B2B customer to verify the customer for this payment method. If the verification was not successful for you, you will not be activated for payment with RatePAY. Please choose another payment method or contact our customer service.
- The billing address is not valid
The billing address does not seem to be correct. Please check your address. The address entered on Saloodo! should match the official address of your company. If you wish to change your address, please contact our customer service.
- The VAT ID is not valid for the billing address
The VAT ID does not seem to be correct. The VAT ID is necessary for the billing address. The country code of your VAT ID should be the same as the country code of the billing address. Please contact our customer service if you wish to make any changes.
It is your responsibility as the shipper to issue the bill of lading.
- Click on the ”Login” button in the upper right corner of the Saloodo! page.
- Next step is to click on the ”Reset Password” button below the login button and type the email address with which you have registered on Saloodo!.
- Once the previous steps have been correctly completed, click on the ”Send Link” button.
Note: Please make sure to check your inbox and spam folder, as we will send an email to the registered address with a new link to reset your password.
Saloodo! takes the necessary technical and organizational security measures to protect your personal data from being lost or misused. Your data is saved in a secure operating environment which is not accessible to the public. In certain cases, your personal data is encrypted by Secure Socket Layer technology (SSL) during transmission.This means that an approved encryption procedure is used for communication between your computer and the Saloodo! servers if your browser supports SSL.
Our customer service team is available Mon-Fri from 09:00 to 17:00 (except for national holidays).
For additional inquiries:
- Call us at +49 (0) 221 989 39 222
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Live Chat: On the bottom right side of the Saloodo! page, you will find our Live Chat support. Enter your name, email address and simply type in your questions.
Please note: The chat is only available during business hours, from 09:00 to 17:00.