What is an EUR1 Certificate?
An EUR1 certificate is used to proof the origin of goods moving into the European Union (EU) territory. The certificate allows traders to import goods from certain countries at a reduced rate or without paying any duty.
The preferential treatment only applies to countries where such trade agreements had been formalised with the EU.
- Africa: Tunisia, South Africa, Algeria. Egypt, Morocco, Kenya
- North and South America: Chile, Colombia, Peru, Ecuador, Mexico, Dominican Republic
- Europe: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Faroe Islands, Georgia, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Norway, Serbia, Switzerland, Republic of Moldova, Ukraine
- Middle East: Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria
- Members of the African, Caribbean and Pacific Group of States