An EUR1 certificate is used to proof the origin of goods moving into the European Union (EU) territory. The certificate allows traders to import goods from certain countries at a reduced rate or without paying any duty.
The preferential treatment only applies to countries where such trade agreements had been formalised with the EU.
- Africa: Tunisia, South Africa, Algeria. Egypt, Morocco, Kenya
- North and South America: Chile, Colombia, Peru, Ecuador, Mexico, Dominican Republic
- Europe: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Faroe Islands, Georgia, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Norway, Serbia, Switzerland, Republic of Moldova, Ukraine
- Middle East: Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria
- Members of the African, Caribbean and Pacific Group of States