Saloodo!, as a responsible company, pays attention to how our affiliated transport service providers and shippers deal with the issue. They also use various security and protection measures against the spread of the coronavirus and to protect their employees. In these difficult times, the health of our employees, their families and our partners is also a priority for us. For this reason, we have found flexible working possibilities for our employees and, despite the coronavirus, can thus ensure that your transports continue and your goods reach their destination.
Due to the high degree of automation and the complete digitalisation of all processes, the closure of our premises does not mean the discontinuation of our business activities.
As a digital freight platform, we have the advantage that our structures are agile and many processes are paperless. Furthermore, the entire IT infrastructure is cloud-based, so you can use us simply and securely – the Saloodo! Platform is always available for you, no matter where you are. So you don’t have to wait for an inconvenient IP activation or other lifting of restrictions. Just get started!
What steps can you take?
How the corona crisis will develop is of course not predictable, but there are some things you can do now:
- Anticipate delays in the delivery of goods. Import and export restrictions as well as long waiting times at border crossings (also in the Schengen area) currently massively disrupt the supply chain. Unfortunately, much of this is beyond the control of your suppliers.
- Contact the Saloodo! Customer Service to clarify the current status of your transport orders.
- If your goods have to be transported across borders by truck, first confirm with your loading and unloading point that the goods are ready or that contact persons are on site. Then contact your Saloodo! Customer Service to create a plan for maximum efficiency.
- If possible, place all your pending shipments with Saloodo! This will allow the transport service providers to completely fill the free loading space and your goods will be transported as quickly as possible.
- Due to the scarce free freight capacity, consider splitting your cargo. You might have to pay a higher freight price, but at the same time you increase the chances that your goods will find opportunities to be transported.
- If your order is not urgent, consider postponing your shipment until some of the current backlog has been cleared and freight rates are likely to return to normal.
Of course, you can still submit transportation requests to Saloodo! at short notice and book carriers for transportation. We are a strong partner even in these difficult times, as we are well prepared for the coming weeks.