Carrier | Freight Carriers | Freight shipping | LTL carriers | FTL carriers | PTL carriers
Find a suitable carrier
Choose and find the right carrier with Saloodo! - your contract partner for fast, cost-effective and reliable transport
Are you looking for a verified carrier to transport your goods?
With Saloodo!, our customers receive the highest level of service and quality. You can register for free, get access to a growing network of verified freight carriers and choose from multiple offers depending on your preferences.
Ship goods safely and reliably to your destination of choice. With Saloodo! you can:
How to choose the right carrier
A business owner needs to understand how important it is to select the right carrier to transport his goods. A shipment which is not dealt with correctly can lead to damage, lost goods or in general, delays. On this page, we discuss the roles of LTL, PTL and FTL freight carriers and how to choose one depending on your transport needs, budget and time.
Ship with LTL carriers
LTL shipping stands for less than truckload. This means the shipment that gets loaded into the truck does not take up the entire space within the truck. This type of freight shipping combines different shipments from multiple customers stopping to various destinations. These type of shipments can weigh from 65kg to approx. 9,000kg. If your shipment takes up two-thirds of the space in the truck, then you pay the LTL carrier only for that empty capacity.
- You cover the costs only for the space you use and not for the entire truck
- Recommended if you don’t plan to ship goods in large quantities
- LTL shipping require several stops, thus taking longer to reach the destination
- Great choice for smaller companies
Ship with PTL carriers
PTL shipping can be considered an option under very specific circumstances – for instance, if a shipper needs significant space inside the truck but without filling it entirely. In this context, finding a PTL carrier is ideal if you require more volume than you would normally need for LTL shipping but still not enough for a full truckload. PTL freight carriers use the same truck for the pick-up and the delivery of the shipment, thus making the transportation faster than LTL shipping.
- Shipments are being picked-up and delivered by the same truck
- No need to declare the class of your shipment
- Not all carriers offer partial truckload services
- Suitable for small-medium businesses
Ship with FTL carriers
You should use an FTL carrier if you have more than ten pallets to ship. The shipment stays in the same truck from pick-up to delivery. This makes it the most efficient method of transportation, especially if it is used by companies that need to transport goods in large quantities. The transit time is less, as there are no unloading stops except for the delivery point.
- Preferable for shipments that require fast transportation
- The best option for large shipments and fragile goods
- Aimed mainly at established companies with a big shipping budget
- Companies transporting goods in large quantities
Freight carriers request different prices for the same transport
Pricing can vary greatly from one carrier to another and of course, depending on the nature of your shipment, distance, and transport conditions. Even a carrier who has already formed solid and trustworthy relationships with their clients will renegotiate prices once in a while. To avoid spending more or in general just wasting time negotiating, you should use a digital freight platform like Saloodo!, who already connects you with verified freight carriers.
Saloodo! helps you find the right freight carriers
- Saloodo!’s vetting process ensures your shipment will get transported by reliable and trustworthy road freight carriers
- You can forget about lengthy phone calls and difficulty in comparing prices slowing down your daily operations
- No need to worry about lack of transparency, as carriers need to provide all the necessary documentation to complete the registration
- You can track your shipment in real-time, from pick-up to delivery
- One single point of contact for all your inquiries or questions
Other questions to consider when it comes to freight shipping
- Is LTL, PTL or FTL shipping more suitable for my transport?
- Is it better to choose a digital freight platform or negotiate?
- Is it better to consolidate my freight into one unit or multiple pallets? How will this affect the overall cost?
- Are there any special requirements when it comes to how my shipment needs to be loaded and unloaded?
- Who are the contact persons at the pick-up and the drop-off locations?
Choose the right freight carriers with Saloodo!
Register your company for free today
Saloodo! verifies road freight carriers according to the DHL’s Supplier Code of Conduct to ensure a safe, reliable and transparent transport process. All freight carriers need to pass the same quality check mandatory to use Saloodo!.
"Saloodo offers us a completely new possibility to handle our transports cheaply and safely with little effort. At the same time we receive all necessary documents automatically. Should something go wrong, the support is immediately available. My team enjoys working with Saloodo!"
DHL Freight GmbH
"The platform is well structured and very easy to use. A number of carriers submit transport offers for our shipment requests, which means that we are already able to reduce our costs. We know that on Saloodo!, all carriers are checked extensively - this gives us a "safer" feeling about the delivery of our shipments."
''Saloodo! shines with its excellent service. The friendly staff always take time for us and our orders are processed promptly and carefully. No matter the situation, Saloodo! gives its best to make us happy. Even if we plan to transport larger shipments that would be otherwise difficult to deliver, we can always count on Saloodo! to help us ship."
"With Saloodo! I can easily find short-term transport orders. This is really great for us and for how we use our transport vehicles. Through Saloodo! we can find suitable loads, fully optimize the capacity of our trucks and as a result, we can avoid empty trips. What I like in particular is the simple operation of the platform. I do not have to carry paperwork as I can collect all the documents on my personal dashboard."
''We chose Saloodo! because of the ever-increasing complexity in the logistics market. Thanks to the large selection of freight forwarders, we can always select the best offer within a very short time. The communication and the process are running smoothly. Saloodo! not only saves time but also costs!"
Weyer Logistik GmbH
"Thanks to Saloodo!, I now receive freight queries which I would not have received otherwise. Through the platform, Saloodo! allows us to plan truck routes at an early stage. Best is how the process handles our delivery data. Scan, print credit and that's all - it could not be easier than that!"
''Saloodo! is really easy to use. Just select what you want to ship, enter the pickup & delivery addresses and then wait for offers. This saves a lot of time and money. Before we worked with Saloodo!, we had a freight forwarder with whom we placed all freight orders - no matter the cost."
''I appreciate how simple Saloodo! is. You can arrange for your goods to be transported within a few clicks and at the same time, choose the most cost-effective provider. Before we came across Saloodo!, we worked with fixed-rate freight forwarders. Thanks to Saloodo!, we were able to drastically reduce our shipping costs. We use Saloodo! and this is why we can also recommend it to our business partners."